SCVA 18"s 2/7/21
Attached is the post for the 18s Mandatory 2. Please check your teams again, as there have been changes, they are highlighted in green.
Teams will be placed into a pool of 3, 4 or 5. The 4 and 5 team pools will be played on two courts simultaneously. There will be a minimum of one official on each court, we are doing our best to get two on each court. There will be no officiating team . The team that is not playing (five team pool) will be asked to exit the facility and remain outside until their next match is cleared to go.
Divisions 1 thru 4 will have playoffs.
Three team pools, if we have the ability to have a friendly crossover we will do so, some sites will not have the ability.
Four team pools will have a 15 minute break minimum (max of 30 minutes) in between their second and third match played.
Five team pools will have a 15 minute break minimum ( max of 30 minutes in matches three and four.
The schedule of matches are attached (Pool Play Sched 2 crts). This is also posted on our website http://www.scvavolleyball.org/home/180020323/180020323/Images/Pool%20Play%20Sched%202%20crts.pdf.
The safety protocols for each facility can be found here http://www.scvavolleyball.org/page/180020323/180121626/Text-Page. Please check the Quick Reference Guide, on Friday, as we do update these when we receive new information.
The following will be safety protocols in place this weekend:
1. Teams that play at 8:00AM, coaches and players please be prepared to enter the building between 7:00AM and 7:15AM.
2. Spectators of teams that play at 8:00AM please be prepared to enter the building between 7:30AM and 7:45AM.
3. If your team does not play until 9:00AM, we ask that you do not enter the building until 8:30AM.
4. Facilities will close at 11:00AM for cleaning in between morning and afternoon waves.
5. Facilities to open at 12:00PM for the afternoon wave. Afternoon wave scheduled to start at 12:30PM
7. Teams that play at 3:30PM, coaches and players please be prepared to enter the building between 2:30PM and 3:00PM.
8. The facilities will close at 4:00PM for cleaning in between the afternoon and evening wave.
9. The facilities will open at 4:30PM for the evening wave. Evening wave scheduled to start at 5:00PM.
10. All attendees will have their temperature taken at the door.
11. All attendees (staff, coaches, officials, spectators, and athletes) must wear a mask.
12. Upon entering all attendees should go straight to their court.
13. Spectators will be responsible for bringing their own chair. Some facilities may provide bleachers and not allow chairs, please check the Quick Reference chart http://www.scvavolleyball.org/home/180020323/180020323/Images/Facility%20Quick%20Reference%20Guide.rev11-03.pdf.
14. Spectator chairs must be 6 feet apart.
15. Spectators may not leave their chairs unattended.
16. There will be bleachers for spectators at Ladera. No outside chairs are allowed.
17. Teams will not change sides of the court in between games.
18. There will be no pre-game or post-game handshakes.
19. Each coach must have a verified team roster from SportsEngine.
20. The SCVA asks that all coaches and athletes have a form of identification on them, however the officials will not be checking them as they have in previous seasons.
21. Each court will have at least one official, we are doing our best to get two certified officials. Due to sanitizing issues, they will not change duties during pool play. Officials will also be using hand held whistles.
22. There will be no officiating crews provided by the teams. (No transferring of paper, pencils, clipboards).
23. The down official will operate the scoreboard and will be responsible for sanitizing the volleyball.
24. The up official will be responsible for wiping down the referee stand and possibly the net covers. (The SCVA will be testing a plastic overlay on the nets to reduce the chances of contamination through the net).
25. In 5 team pools, the team that is not playing will be asked to exit the facility and remain outside until the next match is cleared to go.
26. In 4 team pools, all teams will be asked to exit the facility during the scheduled break.
The SCVA is aware that this is a fluid situation, and that protocols may change prior to the event. I will do my best to keep you up to date so that your coaches, athletes, and families know what to expect when they arrive. Also, please remember that we need to be flexible should teams not show up. We may need to move teams around, so that others are able to play a full day.
Girl’s Jr Program Director